“Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it are the issues of life” – 1 Samuel 3:1-9 (Voice)
Stay your mind on Jesus.
There are days we feel a roller coaster of emotions both physically and spiritually.
Those times we feel like, “Am I just not doing a good job of managing my emotions well? After all, I am not the only one going through a phase.”
Dear Mom, remember this will pass, and it will end in praise.
[Grow spiritually with our ROOTED Mom Spiritual Growth Study Series Here]
Here are a few tips to help you manage your emotions when you feel overwhelmed:
- Clean your emotional closet and unburden your mind unashamedly to God in prayer. Tell Him expressly your feelings, worries and ask for guidance. You must be honest with God and with yourself. Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you.(1 Peter 5:7)
- Remember your emotions are valid and they matter. Recognize, acknowledge, and address these emotions.(Psalm 6:3)
- Don’t ignore them and allow them to pile up till something little triggers it and …boom! An explosion occurs.
- Your emotions are not sinful but acting upon them negatively is. It is not easy to stop a train at full speed, if you want to manage your emotions, you must be determined to stop the train before it leaves the station.
- You can choose your reactions. When you are riled up emotionally, choose to mortify or put to death your fleshly actions through the help of the Holy Spirit. Arrest every negative thought and emotion before it takes root. Replace every negative thought with positive ones, confess your affirmations.
God’s word says, “You will keep in perfect peace, those whose mind and heart stays on You” – Isaiah 26:3
Fix your mind on God, allow Him to rule over your spirit. Speak in the spirit. Rejoice, laugh, sing, worship, dance even in the face of that dark cloud! God’s peace will envelop you and joy will spring forth from your despair.
Stay your mind on Jesus!
For the Lord will help me, therefore shall I not be confounded; therefore, have I set my eyes like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.
Lord, I ask that You help me to guard my heart with all diligence, grant me the grace to set boundaries, and protect my mind, my heart, and my spirit. I exchange my insecurities for a life of confidence in my Savior.
I intentionally choose to stay on the right path that leads to living a life of purpose, peace, love, joy, laughter, worship, and righteousness in Christ Jesus. I am confident in Christ Jesus, that I shall not be put to shame in Jesus’ name I pray.